1. Pool play, bracket play or combination
2. 3 game minimum (except Battle for the Gold Nationals – 4 game minimum)
TOURNAMENT POLICIES & REGULATIONS
1. All players must have the same jersey color, with their individual numbers on the back.
2. 3-5 minute warm-ups – Time permitting – Games will start on time.
3. Games will be played as scheduled. Game time is forfeit time.
4. A team must have five players to start a game and three players to finish. Once a team is down to two players regardless of the score, the game is over and the team with two players loses.
5. An intermediate sized ball (28.5) will be used for all Girls games and in the 6th grade boys division.
6. A player may only play for one team (per grade division) during the tournament. At the discretion of the tournament director, some age brackets may be combined based on team registrations or level of play with advanced notification to possible affected teams.
7. Teams will be responsible for supplying a scorekeeper or someone to run the clock. We ask that you use good judgment in having a responsible individual fulfill this assignment.
8. Coaches must present their coaches pass at the registration table. A maximum of 3 coaches will be allowed free admission to the tournament.
9. Teams should arrive at least 20 minutes before game time. Remember, game time is forfeit time.
10. No refunds will be made 2 weeks prior to the tournament.
11. Admission charge will be $5 for adults and $3 for children ages 7 + older
TOURNAMENT RULES – WIAA RULES USED WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS
1. Length of Game: Two 20 minute halves with running clock – clock stops during the last minute of the 1st half and the last 2 minutes of the 2nd half. The clock will also stop on time-outs and injuries.
2. Timeouts: Three 1-minute timeouts per game, to be used in either half of the game. One additional timeout for overtime periods.
3. Overtime: If teams are tied at the end of regulation, one – 2 minute overtime will be played with the clock stopping during the final minute. If necessary, a second overtime will be a sudden death, the first 2 points of any kind scored will end the game.
4. Defense: All defenses are allowed, including zone & full court press. No full court press after a 20 point lead.
5. The clock will continue to run if there is a 20 point lead.
6. Player fouls and team fouls will be played under the WIAA rules. This includes bonus and super bonus.
7. Technical Fouls: All technical fouls are an automatic 2 points and the ball.
8. Unsportsmanlike Conduct: In the event that a coach has been issued 2 technical fouls he/she will have to leave the building immediately or his/her team will be disqualified.
9. Two technical fouls on a player or coach will result in immediate ejection and a suspension for the following game.
10. Coaches are responsible for their fans and players. Abuse of officials by fans may result in technical fouls called on the coach or ejection from the premises. Any unbecoming conduct or use of profanity will be grounds for a technical foul, and possible ejection from the tournament facility.
11. The referees have full authority on the court. Protests will not be allowed.
12. The Tournament Director has the final authority on all rules and interpretations